Too much caffeine can kill you! What happened to this British man is shocking
Definitely do not try this at home.
When people tell you that energy drinks and coffee can be bad for you, they are probably referring to the caffeine in the drinks. Quickening the heartbeat, leaving the consumer filling awake and alert, the stimulant can prove to be quite fatal.
For Michael Bedford, a 23 year old British man, the lethality of the common household chemical became all too real. He died in April of 2010 after ingesting spoonfuls of pure caffeine powder, equivalent to an estimated 70 cans of Red Bull!
Before collapsing, Bedford experienced the symptoms of nausea and loss of motor control. His friends said that he threw up blood, began slurring his words, and collapsed.
The powder that he had bought online had even come with a warning that consumers should take only one-sixteenth of a teaspoon at a time. Lesson to take away from all of this? Read the label, and don’t ingest 70 cans of Red Bull worth of pure caffeine powder.